Woo hoo! I can see summer just around the corner! I have 4 days this week and then I get a little rest!
I am so excited to be taking part in this blog hop that includes close to 50 bloggers! We are all offering a freebie, giving away one unit through rafflecopter, and sharing what we love about summer. I adore teaching, but am always ready for a bit of a break over summer! Enjoy the hop!
My freebie is only free during this hop- so be sure to grab it before 5/30/15! My class loves to Write the Room or play Scoot. This is a Summer Fun Write the Room (which can also be used as a Scoot game). It includes 24 word cards, 2 recording sheets for differentiation, a chart of summer words (both colored and black and white), and writing paper. This activity should help with all that extra energy kids have at the end of the year by getting them up and moving!
Click on the link to be take to this freebie.
I love my nursery rhyme ELA and Math Centers unit. The graphics are so cute (thanks to Educlips!). My class has had so much fun using all the activities in this unit. There are 6 ELA and 6 math activities. I've included the table of contents so you can see what you'd get in the unit. You can enter to win this at the end my blog post. I've also included a sample from the unit for you to try out. A copy of one of the nursery rhymes (colored and black & white) and the long/short vowel sort. This sample will only be available through 5/29/15- so grab it while you can!
Click here for the sample:
Here are a few pictures from the unit:
Noun, Verb, Adjective sort
Noun, Verb, Adjective sort
A clock matching activity- match analog and digital times.
Place value matching:
A measuring activity:
The activities have recording sheets for students to record their answers or practice the skill.
My kiddos enjoying the centers:
Hopefully you'll enjoy this unit as much as my class does!
Here's a link for the unit on TpT:
Summer how I love thee! What is not to love about sleeping in, a relaxed schedule, catching up on missed TV shows, reading books, not rushing ........
I love teaching, but if I didn't have the break during the summer to recharge, I don't think I could make it! The school year is such a whirlwind- I feel like I'm making snap decisions all the time and that my brain doesn't get to turn off at all!
Here is what I love about summer!
1. Not having to make a lunch to take to school everyday. I can actually decide WHAT I want to eat WHEN I am hungry- not early in the morning!
2. Getting to wear lounge clothes while I'm home.
3. Watching the Today show.
4. Reading books for enjoyment (and my huge pile of magazines that get ignored all year).
5. Having time to think and prep for a new school year.
6. Reading professional development books and having time to actually THINK about how to implement what I read.
7. Spending time with my family. My children are grown & I don't get to see them as much as I'd like during the school year. My husband and I are always rushing in different directions. During the summer we get the gift of TIME!
8. Friend time. What's not to love about shopping, eating out, or a movie with a friend?
9. Vacations- oh ya! I don't know if others are like me, but I have a hard time taking trips during the school year. Summertime is the sweet time to travel and not have to worry about school!
10. Getting to see my room neat and organized before the crazy school time hits! I love a tidy room, but once the school year hits I seem to have a hard time keeping up with it. I have one time right before school starts that I can stand back and say, "Ahhhhhh".
How about you? What do you love about summer?
a Rafflecopter giveaway